Tweets

lördag 28 maj 2011

How I retrieved the movie of my almost dead rabbit

About two weeks ago we got a son and after some time at the hospital we got back home. We have a rabbit and have been curious how he would react to the newborn. To our disappointment there was no reaction, until the fourth day. After endless hours of screaming I found the rabbit laying on his back sleeping. Never heard about or seen a rabbit this way! It looked funny so I quietly told my wife to come and then I grabbed my Nexus S and started filming. With a low voice I called his name. Nothing. Then one more time. Nothing. We both started to panic and my wife screamed "he's dead!". And then the rabbit paniced and we had a priceless movie.

I do use Dropbox on the Nexus S but the app loads slowly so I just use the phone's app for photos and movies. This means that I do some manual syncing of the media to my ftp by using AndFTP. Some days after the rabbit incident I did an upload, but for some reason AndFTP stopped transferring and without verifying I deleted all media on the phone. To my horror I found out that the rabbit movie was not on the ftp and not on the phone...

This is the way I went to retrieve the movie of my almost dead rabbit. After a fast googling I found TestDisc. I plugged in the Nexus to my computer, chose USB storage and in the extracted folder forTestDisc I ran testdisc_win.exe. In the console I did the following selections
  • Create, to create a new log file
  • chose the phone's drive
 
Phone's drive is selected









  • chose None partitioned media
  • chose Analyse
  • pressed enter for Quick Search
  • pressed P to list files
  • navigated to camera folder (DCIM\Camera) and to my surprise I saw all the media I had previously deleted.
  
All the delete files








  • pressed a to select all files
  • pressed C to copy all files

Files are copied to the computer


  •  pressed C to tell that the destination is correct
Some seconds later the rabbit was now back from the dead a second time!

My almost dead rabbit

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar